Metal fabrication is the building of metal objects and structures through different processes. These metal working methods involve cutting, bending and assembling – just to name a few. For each metal fabricating task, a specialised tool is used to ensure the seamless make. It also enables convenience and efficiency for the metal worker.
Powerpac.co.nz, a distributor of concrete skips for sale, features eight sheet metal tools:
- Shear – The field-tested cutting geometry of the shear allows cutting with less damage to the sheet metal’s surface with no thermal effects.
- Beveller – The beveller produces clean-cut and oxide-free edges on flat sheets, pipes and tubes for various applications. The quality of a beveller ensures even lines on curved edges and inner cut-outs.
- Deburrer – The deburrer is a tool involved in the construction of vehicles, such as rail cars and ships. It allows both straight bevels and radius edges, which can also break or round out sharp edges. This enables precise bevels from different angles.
- Nibbler – The nibbler can work on sheet metals of specific thickness, from 0.5 to 10 millimetres. It operates without any distortion, emission or sparking when cutting coils, assembling and disassembling containers and tanks. This tool is the ideal equipment for sheet metal workers, plumbers and roofing specialists.
- Slitting Shear – The slitting shear serves use in industries like construction of all types – this includes drywalls, facades, ventilation and air channel constructions. This tool can also provide use in chassis and aircraft manufacture.
- Power Fastener – This tool connects two metal parts without the need for screws or rivets. It also operates with emissions.
- Seam locker – The seam locker provides portable sealing solutions for site assemblies, such as HVAC and construction work. It adjusts to the thickness of a material and the height of the seam.
- Slat Cleaner – The slat cleaner removes steel slags and cleans even when work is commencing. Also, operation does not require the removal of the slats.
Real Life Application: Bus Accident
Take, for example, if a bus were to topple over in a road mishap. Saving the trapped passengers will need these metal working tools in stripping off the sheet metal parts of the bus. Using the precise tools can expedite the evacuation process and relieve the victims of the accident from immediate and prolonged trauma.